You have worked for the rest, now come Thrive
with the Best
All Aboard America! is hiring career minded individuals to join our elite team of Human Resources Professionals!
Since 1936, All Aboard America! has been safely chartering luxury bus tours across the nation. Our team members enjoy a family-like culture, unmatched autonomy, and the opportunity to be part of a greater purpose. If you share our unwavering commitment to customer service and safety, we want you to join our team!
We have an immediate opening in our Human Resources Department for a Human Resources Manager! The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an Team Member-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Manager coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the General Manager and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
As a leader in the private transportation sector, we offer the following to Charter Sales Representatives:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid time off (start accruing immediately)
- Competitive medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous match
- Paid Holidays for full time Team Members
What does a Human Resources Manager do?
Human Resources Organization
- Represents the All Aboard America! brand in a positive manner to all individuals; is an advocate for the Company.
- Articulates and promotes the company's vision, mission and core values.
- Assumes leadership and ownership of the personnel function.
- Establishes an HR support service that provides information, tools and training to offices, business leaders and supervisors.
- Functions as a regulatory expert and provides advice on request.
- Determines company's needs from a human resources perspective to achieve its goals.
- Participates in development of the human resource function's goals and strategies for implementation.
- Reports human resources status to the General Manager and Vice President of Human Resources and obtains policy approval as necessary.
- Forms alliances with business and technical leaders in the corporate and regional offices.
- Plans for, organizes, and implements programs for Team Member recruitment and retention and for positive Team Member relations.
- Functions as a resource for personnel programs, policies, Team Member relations and staff activities globally.
- Pans for, coordinates, and oversees implementation of HR strategies, systems and services.
- Participates as a senior management team member in weekly leadership meetings in order to develop and discuss organizational procedures and policies
- Responds to email communications and phone calls in a timely manner.
Team Member relations
- Supervises HR staff and oversees individuals providing HR support at branch offices.
- Develops consensus concerning expectations of the corporate human resources function, and annually develops goals, strategic action plans, and performance measures for corporate and branch office personnel services.
- Manages the corporate HR budget
- Selects and consults with legal advisors, insurance brokers, and other HR consultants and vendors on an as-needed basis.
- Assures that the HR structure, programs, systems and compliance efforts are cost- effective and of value.
Employment policies and practices
- Serves as an advocate for Team Members.
- Develops and implements policies and programs that motivate staff and improve Team Member morale.
- Functions as a resource to management for advice on Team Member and policy issues.
- Establishes and communicates recommendations for counseling, disciplining and terminating Team Members.
Human resources information systems
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local labor laws.
- Maintains information on practices and Team Member liability issues within the profession.
- Provides management training on employment law compliance, employer liability avoidance, interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Develops company-wide policies and programs in support of Company values and goals.
- Updates Team Member handbook and responds to Team Member inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Communicates company values, procedures, programs and policies.
Manpower planning and recruitment
- Develops and maintains a system of personnel records to integrate and serve the needs of managers in corporate office and branch office locations.
Orientation, performance management, professional development and training
- Facilitates development of company recruitment philosophy and strategies.
- Coordinates with Directors to develop and maintain an effective manpower information system that projects human resources needs and provides managers with decision- making information.
- Implements, or oversees implementation of, recruitment systems to support company- wide recruiting efforts.
- Establishes programs for and supports career tracking and career planning.
- Assists in developing succession plans and promotional programs.
- Recruits, interviews, tests and assists in selecting staff for hire and promotion.
- Designs and implements orientation programs.
- Establishes company policies for supporting professional growth and improvement.
- Develops and implements an evaluation system that assesses individual performance, growth and contribution to the Company; ensures that the program is functioning properly and achieving the desired results, including record-keeping for "action plans" and development of specific training and career development programs.
- Establishes training programs for Team Members and leaders; develops procedures and tools to effectively measure Team Member performance and skills.
Compensation and rewards
- Collaborates with Corporate Office to administer Team Member benefit programs.
- Communicates programs and value of benefits to Team Members.
- Coordinates with leadership to develop a comprehensive compensation program that ensures compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Maintains information on compensation in the profession, and develops and implements competitive salary structures.
- Establishes salary ranges for employment categories and specific positions for approval.
- Establishes reward systems to support the company's vision and mission.
- Manages the risk management work functions and assists in developing a healthy and safety programs for the volunteers and staff.
- Creates/maintains a safe working environment for all Team Members.
- Corrects any unsafe working condition immediately.
- Human Resource Managers are expected to ensure coverage in the office during customary business hours of Monday – Friday from 0800-1700; must be available to work nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. Up to 25% travel is expected.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Human Resources Manager?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources department required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a HR leadership position required.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other HR functions required.
- Proven track record of maximizing staff potential and making personnel changes to promote productivity and positive morale required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to make public presentations on the Company’s status regarding various programs required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and state/local Department of Transportation rules/regulations preferred.
- A participatory management philosophy is preferred with centralized oversight but decentralized use of all staff talent and expertise.
- Driver’s license required.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Successfully pass a background check.
At All Aboard America! our entire team of professionals is dedicated to providing charter bus tours and travel experiences that ensure safety and comfort with a touch of luxury and a little excitement too! Offering nationwide and southwest bus tours with more than 5,000,000 miles yearly and more than 80 years of experience, we know what it takes to keep our fleet of luxury coaches moving safely across the miles to get our passengers where they want to go.
As a company, our services include:
- Offering nationwide Motorcoach charters
- Southwest bus charters through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas
- Bus tours to national parks like: Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Yellowstone
- Bus charters and tours to Las Vegas and San Francisco
- Contract services
- Corporate bus charters
- Maintenance services and more
What sets us apart from all of the others:
All Aboard America! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a proud member of ABA, the leading Motorcoach operator network in North America that is dedicated to providing premier ground transportation through elevated standards of performance.
- Founded in 1936
- Family-like culture and environment
- Exceptional safety record
- Dedicated team of professionals
- Full-service safety department
- Full-service in-house maintenance facility
- Exclusive member of America Bus Association (ABA)
- Member of United Motorcoach Association (UMA)